Hey everybody! We interrupt your usual program to report that life has been sighted on Mars--er, that the guidelines for Sink Me! submissions have been updated. I'm just posting it all right on here so you don't have to bother clicking over to the Submission Guidelines page.
In recent weeks I've received quite a few Sink Me! submissions and though I'm thrilled that y'all are coming up with such creative stuff, I've unfortunately had to refuse many of the submissions for several reasons. So that's why I'm adding a little bit to the Rules For Submitting Stuff to This Blog.
1) All submissions must be sent via e-mail to missdashwood95[at]gmail[dot]com. Please attach your pictures as JPG, GIF or PNG files. Do not copy and paste images into the body of the email.
2) Please send images with the highest resolution possible. 350x350 pixels is a good minimum. If you send a picture smaller than that, I may have to refuse it because it won't look good when I enlarge it for the blog. I have in the past accepted too-small images anyway because they were too funny to pass up, but it would be so much better if they were of higher quality.
3) I reserve the right to refuse any submission if it contains content from a movie or book that I don't personally endorse. This might sound a little uppity, but it is my blog. Just as an FYI, my parents don't allow Lord of the Rings or any other kind of fantasy movies in our household, so I can't accept images that contain pictures or captions from those movies.
4) This one's the hardest one to word properly, so I'll just be as politely blunt as possible. I've received some submissions in the past few months that just weren't funny. I'm trying to maintain a high level of quality for this blog, and though at times I've posted submissions that weren't all that great, in future I won't be doing that. From now on, if I receive a submission that isn't very funny, I'll just reply to it with a quick, "Thanks, but we won't be able to use this." Please, please don't be hurt if I send back something you submitted-- it doesn't reflect on you at all, and it definitely doesn't mean I don't want to see more of your creations in the future!
5) Now for the stuff you probably already know. Please do not submit submissions that contain any of the following
a) suggestive language
b) rude comments
c) off-color jokes
e) any content from inappropriate movies, television shows or music (even if the content itself is not inappropriate, we do not wish to endorse ungodly media. "Abstain from all appearance of evil," 1 Thessalonians 5:22.)
6) If you submit a captioned picture made by someone other than yourself, please be sure to cite the creator (and get permission if possible). This does not apply to YouTube videos, as YouTube videos contain the maker's name by default.
7) Please do not copy anyone else's work and try to pass it off as your own. This is just not nice.
8) This isn't a rule, just a suggestion: if you'd like to put your blog address in tiny letters down in the corner of your image (like a watermark) please do so! Free advertising for your blog, you know-- and then everyone who sees it will know who made it. :D
Thanks for reading through all this, everyone!