Monday, July 8, 2013

Finalists!

Fifty-two entries, peoples.  Fifty.  Two.  Entries.

This is the biggest response we've ever had to any Sink Me! contest in the year and a half that Sink Me!'s been running.

Why do I keep saying "we" when I'm the only one running the blog?  Maybe because I like to think of Sink Me! as a community of humorists and not just one blogger collecting stuff and making things and posting them.  Or maybe because it sounds more professional and less narcissistic to say "we" instead of "I."  You decide.

After much deliberation and confusion and delay, I have narrowed it down to fifteen finalists.  Yeah, I couldn't choose ten.  Y'all are too hilarious.  There were so many other entries that I wanted to include, but simply couldn't because the polls would be too big.  So keep your eyes peeled in the coming weeks for those pictures to pop up at sundry and random times (not affiliated with this contest).

Without further ado... our finalists, in no particular order!  I've given a title to each picture, and the video that the caption is taken from is hyperlinked in the title.  Some of the creators of these pictures have public blogs-- I've linked to those in their names.

2.
"Oceanography!" by The Elf


3.
"The Phone?" by Kimberly


4.
"I Like Your Costume" by Charlotte


5.
"Why Is It Gross?" by Jane B


6.
"Breath War!" by The Elf


7.
"Big Trak" by Anne-girl, Molly and Kimberly


8.
"And You're Dead" by Alexandra (and sisters)


9.
"I Just Cry" by Margaret Hale


10.
"I Made a Valentine" by Quinlyn


11.
"Hewwo" by Alexandra (and sisters)


12.
"Still Cute Though!" by Anne-girl


13.  


14.
"Birthday Stuff" by Quinlyn


15.
"Twubble" by Inklings Press


12 comments:

Melody said...

"Still cute though."
OH. MY. WORD. Bahahahaahhaaha.

Melody said...

All the ones I want to vote for, by the way, are in poll 3. No fair. :P

Bella said...

Oh my goodness!!! These are so funny!!! Wow fifty two entries!!! I think this is your best contest idea yet!

-Belle

Hayden said...

oh my gosh, these are HILARIOUS!!! And I have to choose??? Ugh. How can I? 2,3,49,10,11,12,13, and 15 are my favorites...yeah. I'm going to have trouble picking which ones. ;)

I'm in a lot of twubble...

sorry. couldn't help myself. :D

Unknown said...

"I'm not your baby brother!
Still cute though!"
Oh my, Lizzy's face when she says that.

Genius, genius, genius!!!!!! All of these are totally genius.

Thanks so much for hosting this Miss Dashwood.

Anonymous said...

B'HAHAHAHA!!!!!!

LOVE. LOVE. LOVE.

How many can we vote for????

-Eowyn-

Quinlyn said...

Thank you so much for picking two of mine! All of these are hilarious!

Miss Jane Bennet said...

HAHAHAHAHA!!! All these are SO funny...I'll never be able to choose. Great job, everybody! :)
:D :D :D

Marie said...

Oh wow, these were awesome! You really hit on something, Amy. :)

Miss Laurie of Old-Fashioned Charm said...

These are so hilarious!!! Y'all did an amazing job, it was hard choosing which ones to vote for! :)

Hana - Marmota said...

BTW, I like "Hewwo", because it's still in keeping with the original characters! Elisabeth picking Mr Collins apart and Jane being all supportive but still trying to see the bright side in everyone...

Miss Elliot said...

The link to the "Hewwo" one actually goes to the punching cars one, so here's the "Hewwo" video link if anyone's interested.
I laughed a LOT over these!!